Olympia Brown Unitarian Universalist Church stands with love on Black Lives Matter. We, a member congregation of the Unitarian Universalist Association, covenant to affirm and promote:
- The inherent worth and dignity of every person.
- Justice, equity, and compassion in human relations.
- Acceptance of one another and encouragement to spiritual growth in our congregations.
- A free and responsible search for truth and meaning.
- The right of conscience and the use of the democratic process within our congregations and in society at large.
- The goal of world community with peace, liberty, and justice for all.
- Respect for the interdependent web of all existence of which we are a part.
A number of UU congregations around the country have hung “Black Lives Matter” banners on their buildings – in response to the number of unarmed black men who have been killed by white police officers.
Black Lives Matter Information:
UUA 2015 Action of Immediate Witness: Support The Black Lives Matter Movement